Fun day in the STP server

6 years 11 months ago
Tricker
More
Topic Author
Fun day in the STP server #7447
Some photos from today's action with Moose, Raptor, and nootnoot
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Fun day in the STP server #7451
Good to see the Sabre! I know it is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is well modeled in DCS and I have fun with it on SP. A head count might be in order, as I'm working on a revised mission scenario...

I know almost everyone has the MiG-21 and F-5E, but who also has the MiG-15 and Sabre?

6 years 11 months ago
Tricker
More
Topic Author
Fun day in the STP server #7452
I just got the Sabre with the recent sale... so far I'm impressed. What do you do with it on single player? You have the downloadable campaign?

6 years 11 months ago
Vader
More
Fun day in the STP server #7453
If there are missions in the works for 15 and sabre, i will gladly buy it on the sale right now!

6 years 11 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Fun day in the STP server #7454

No, not got that. Might be worth a look sometime, though, for a long time fan of the type (never was without a model of one)!

Mostly make my own scenarios in ME, with some simple win condition, to go through the different bombing modes. I like those low tech solutions (granted they were state of the art then), which does not really mean they are simple, at all, LOL! The LABS is particularly fun, though gauging your distance to the target for the pull up is a bit challenging (impossible!). Wasn't really a method for conventional weapons, in any case. That said, you can get really accurate results with the standard dive bombing method in a couple of modes of the sight's usage, after a bit of practice.

Here's the manual I used for the work through on it, back when I first got the module. The general performance was surprisingly well implemented...

www.avialogs.com/index.php/item/56117.html

:) And of course, I indulge in a bit of the old interception of MiG-15 scenarios (and vice versa). They are both fun study modules, I think.

6 years 11 months ago
Tricker
More
Topic Author
Fun day in the STP server #7455
Haha nice! I'll definitely check that out, love to learn... nothing like diving at 500 knots and losing roll control, hehe

6 years 11 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Fun day in the STP server #7458

*No time to photoshop it at the moment, but it should read "I'm Sabre pilot, I can fly."

I love that module, I think it's vastly underappreciated. Even guys like BuDa who like the F-86 in particular for it's silvery-sleek-line-ness complain about never being able to set up stable trimmed flight and tend to write it off. I would totally like to learn more about how to properly put bombs on target and whatnot because I've seen that it is quite capable even with how rudimentary the systems were compared to other DCS modules, I just never spent enough time in it to figure it out for myself.

6 years 11 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Fun day in the STP server #7462
nice pics

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds