AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Alpha's Airport List

6 years 8 months ago
Alphaskoom
More
Topic Author
Alpha's Airport List #8669
As many of you know, and some who have not. I have been in the process of being picked up by the FAA to become an Air Traffic Controller.. i first joined the squadron while i was starting school back in Texas... before i knew it, i graduated, moved up to Oklahoma City where i was helping train air traffic controllers as a remote pilot operator. now it seems the page is turning again, as i finish my training, the biggest tests of my life are in front of me, this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday i will be taking 2 Local Control and 2 Ground control test problems which will determine if i keep my job or where i place with my class and enter the field officially a developmental air traffic controller.. i will appreciate all of the prayers and good lucks i can get to help me through these next few days as i keep pushing toward the skies... or a 50 foot tower with a bunch of fancy windows that are tilted down :P We have received our list of towers we may pick from once we graduate, i have organized them in the order i will pick them should they be available still from my other classmates grades. id appreciate some feedback as i tend to not leave Texas if i can help it. But if i'm leaving i might as well go somewhere fancy.

Airport List
GGG – Longview, Texas – East Texas Regional Airport ( Close to home and family )
PAE – Everett, Washington State – Paine Field ( Boeing Factory located here )
EVV- Evansville, Indiana – Evansville Regional Airport
MWH – Moses Lake, Washington State – Grant County Intl.
DLH – Duluth, Minnesota – Duluth Intl.
SYR – Syracuse, New York – Syracuse Hancock Intl.
FAR – Fargo, North Dakota – Hector Intl.
HLN – Helena, Montana – Helena Regional Airport ( Non Radar Approach Control and Non Radar Tower )
JAN – Jackson, Mississippi – Jackson Medgar Intl.
BED – Bedford, Massachusetts – Laurence G Hanscom Field
PAO – Palo Alto, California – Palo Alto Airport
CNO – Chino, California – Chino Airport
DPA – Chicago, Illinois – Dupage Airport
PNE – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Northeast Philadelphia Airport (Level 4 Facility, low pay)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago
Flash
More
Alpha's Airport List #8670
Best of luck to you man.

6 years 8 months ago
Vampyre
Administrator
Administrator
More
Alpha's Airport List #8671
Good luck brother!

6 years 8 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Alpha's Airport List #8673
That's awesome that you've come this far and I know the whole squad has been interested in your progress and enjoys reading your updates. As far as location, I dunno. Never been to most of those places. I'm sure wiser and more experienced members will chime in. Good luck on your up coming exams!

6 years 8 months ago
runny
More
Alpha's Airport List #8675
I'll echo the others in saying that's it's been pretty cool watching your journey from deciding to go this route, all the way to where you are now. ATC is one cool looking job and I'm stoked that you're now to the point where you can basically pick where you want to work. Godspeed on your tests.

6 years 8 months ago
Zulu
More
Alpha's Airport List #8677
First, good luck and best wishes on a big and important chapter in your life

Palo Alto, CA would be on the top of my list. Higher cost of living, but look at it as you get what you pay for.
Bedford, Massachusetts- the east coast in general, has a ALOT to offer.

Since you have 2 choices in Washington State, I would do some research. It's supposed to be just beautiful there.

Again, best of luck,

Zulu

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds