AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

X52 lights don't light up

7 years 1 month ago
Jsick7x
More
Topic Author
X52 lights don't light up #6858
I bought an X52 Pro six months ago and the lights on the throttle piece wont light up. What's weird is that if I plug the USB in my PC half way, it lights up and it also lights up when using Windows 10. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
X52 lights don't light up #6859
Greetings fellow x-52'er. Go into the Control Panel> r-click on the X-52 to properties > select the tab that says LEDs. Then you can assign them whatever color you want (i think red, green, yellow...and blue - not sure on blue though).

Here's also a link to the online manual.

www.saitek.com/manuals/x52_manual.pdf

Another problem I've experienced often...once I plug the USP of the HOTAS into the computer it sometimes doesn't have a true 'zero' on some of the Axis for some reason or other. So for example my pitch will constantly be trying to pull the plane into the ground, or up into the heavens...or a constant roll. I think maybe the stick is moved out of center when the USB is connected to the program sets that as default. To fix the issue I unplug the connection cable into the flight stick, re-insert (giggity) and it magically fixes it.

7 years 1 month ago
Jsick7x
More
Topic Author
X52 lights don't light up #6862
So, I download the MadCatz software, and while starting that up it says, "No controllers found".

7 years 1 month ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
X52 lights don't light up #6863
Not sure about the Madkatz stuff....but you can install the needed drivers from Saitek here (sounds like that is what is missing...controller no found)

www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Select "pro flight range" > X52 pro > indicate your OS > DL the software & drivers

7 years 1 month ago
Jsick7x
More
Topic Author
X52 lights don't light up #6864
So I download the X52 Pro drivers and software. The software is different than what the manual shows.

The manual shows:
prntscr.com/ee2r4h

What I downloaded off of Saitek :
prntscr.com/ee2rx0

7 years 1 month ago
Jsick7x
More
Topic Author
X52 lights don't light up #6865
Okay I found the right menu in my control panel. So however everything is on for my LEDs.

prntscr.com/ee2u16

7 years 1 month ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
X52 lights don't light up #6866
Some other trouble shooting then (sorry if this is redundant but sometimes the PC just is not plugged into the wall)..

After the DLs did you try a system restart? Also I've read that ensuring the connecting PS2 cable is seated correctly, and lastly try an other USB port.

7 years 1 month ago
runny
More
X52 lights don't light up #6875
I believe USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 make a difference.

7 years 4 weeks ago
Jsick7x
More
Topic Author
X52 lights don't light up #6895
Alrighty boys, so I have tried 3.0s and 2.0 slots. Ive restarted, plugged it into every port I can think of and the lights still wont light up. But in the end it is not a big deal I suppose!

7 years 3 weeks ago
Weaz3L
More
X52 lights don't light up #7029

Did you try clicking on the setting again? On mine you just tap the slider and they should pop on.

6 years 4 months ago
Bigskill
More
X52 lights don't light up #9131
Hello, I own a 10 yo x52 as well, the old blue and grey one not the pro.
Curious to know if some of you use the Saitek profiler or program everything inside the game config.
Is the software changed since logitech bought Madcatz?
In the past I had lot of issues with the software that is why I usually prefere to set everything in game, but DCS has a shitton of buttons so....

Thx :P

6 years 3 months ago
Flash
More
X52 lights don't light up #9136
X52 alumnus here. I used the Saitek profiler- having the 3 mode selector was too convenient. Heck I still miss that functionality. I had a different button layout for each position of that switch- one for ground, takeoff and landing, one for cruise, and another for weapons hot. The Saitek profiler software is the best part about using their products, in my opinion.

The good news is you can find decent X52 DCS profiles online. You'll just need a different profile for each aircraft is all. The ones out there might be a bit out of date, but you should be able to bring them up to specs.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds