The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Frame Drop Help

8 years 6 months ago
runny
More
Frame Drop Help #1694
Moved to the help category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Topic Author
Frame Drop Help #1745
So it turns out my gpu fan was not running causing the frame drops. So I installed precision x 16 and got my fan running and the problem is gone :silly: . However, now anytime i run precision x or msi afterburner to run my fan. It causes my skyrim to crash on upon loading a save. Ive tried running the programs after launching a saved game and it still crashes. Apparently both ENB series and the fan control programs use the same d3d9.ll file so you cant run both at the same time. I tried adjusting fan speed with the Nvidia control panel and it wont save the changes because they are "invalid". So now im trying to find a program that controls my fan speed with out effecting ENB Skytim.

8 years 6 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Frame Drop Help #1746
That's strange, it should not be a problem. This is probably not right, but all that comes to mind right as I read that is the possibility that either of the installations over-wrote the dll with an earlier version. I don't know how prevalent this issue is now, but once a while back, it was a real problem.

Which was installed first, Skyrim or Precision X? I am thinking you might have to reinstall the first again. I don't recommend going looking for the isolated "latest" dll on dll download or the likes.

As I say, it is off the top of my head, and I doubt this is the issue with you, somehow.

EDIT: The bit about the "invalid" is suspicious, perhaps. Last MSE virus scan? Last malware check?

8 years 6 months ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
Topic Author
Frame Drop Help #1747
Its not Skyrim itself but the ENB graphics modification that was causing the crash. I ended up finding the Nvidia Inspector Tool. I was able to control fan speed with that and run Skyrim with all my mods at the same time. So finally I can play the game in peace. Thanks to everyone for your tips and suggestions!

8 years 6 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Frame Drop Help #1748
Glad you got it sorted!

8 years 1 month ago
DieHard
More
Frame Drop Help #3199

Sounds like when my heart goes into A-Fib (atrial fibrillation) has happened 3 times since November 2014. I run from 50 to over 200 beats per minute, up and down, --- it really sucks. I head for my hospital's ER. LOL! I could send you some of my meds, that has helped me... $9 a pill!

When I upgrade my Alienware, I go to the Dell forums and pick brains and usually PM one of their engineers for any compatibility issues and try to make an educated decision which way to go for the next step up. I will need to upgrade my graphics card again one of these days within the limitation of my motherboard.

8 years 1 month ago
DieHard
More
Frame Drop Help #3200

Yeah, I use that utility, too. Good solution.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds