DCS: Viggen

7 years 3 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS: Viggen #6435
RELEASE Info from Cobra:

<table class="ModTable" style="background-color:#FFFFFF;border:1px solid #000000;border-collapse:separate;border-spacing:5px;padding:0;width:100%;color:#333333;overflow:hidden;"><tr><td class="exclamation" rowspan="2" style="background-color:#ff6060;font-weight:bold;font-family:'Times New Roman',Verdana,sans-serif;font-size:4em;color:#ffffff;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;width:1%;">&nbsp;!&nbsp;</td><td class="rowuser" style="border-bottom:1px solid #000000;font-weight:bold;">{L_MESSAGE} {L_FROM}{L_COLON} Cobra from ED Forums</td></tr><tr><td class="rowtext">Friday's patch will be 1.5.6, which means that the initial Viggen release will be on the new 1.5.6 Open Beta branch, NOT on the current stable 1.5.5

While our lead platform has been 1.5.5, that version of DCS World will not be updated.
Stay tuned for more info before Friday!</td></tr></table>

I don't know about you guys, but I do have the beta client ( a third install, standing by for this) I think the 1.5 99th server is also running beta. Who is running the server right now? If I can have missions, I'll gladly add the viggen into which ever missions are working at the moment. Let me know if you want my help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS: Viggen #6436
thats a bummer

I don't have that one installed on either my client or the server. It is however installed on the cloud server. The missions are all uploaded to teamspeak mission builder folder.

7 years 3 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
DCS: Viggen #6439
It's here!

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
DCS: Viggen #6440
Updated the 1.5 beta amazon server - updated 2 maps (The Dam &amp; Black Gold) with 6 viggin's on each side.

7 years 3 months ago
runny
More
DCS: Viggen #6442
This thing has ground radar right? Isn't ground radar the roadblock keeping the F/A-18 from being on my hard drive?

The Saab looks beast though!

7 years 3 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
DCS: Viggen #6443

No, the thing with the Hornet is that they just set what block they're doing about 4 months ago. A/G radar is a part of it, but there's a LOT more to it.

And yes, the Viggen has an A/S radar with terrain avoidance capability, not sure if it has actual ground mapping and all that and not just anti-ship capabilities. Gotta learn how to use the darn thing haha.

7 years 3 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
DCS: Viggen #6444
This thing is great, good formation flight out to the AO, just to get jumped by 2 mirages haha.

Squid lead, G-man on his right, me behind them both.

Pyro joining on the left

Pyro's SEAD loadout.

7 years 3 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
DCS: Viggen #6445
Mirages, Nick? Pretty sure Red had AI MiG-29S and Blue had the AI Mirage 2000C.

Was fun trying to hunt you guys in Red A-10Cs...We (flying with Generic) set up a CAP, hit some targets, but couldn't find any of you unfortunately. Had Viggen nails from the East scare the hell out of us (was friendly), but besides that and an Eagle nail, we had nothing.

Also, freaking great pics, man! Great environment for the Viggen, for sure.

PS: We should have a F99th-only Black Gold run but with extra Viggenz. Maybe take a shot at mission planning and package coordination. Would anyone be up for that? Perhaps next weekend or something?

7 years 3 months ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
DCS: Viggen #6446
I can confirm a mirage shot all four of us down lol.

Im always down for some mission planning and package coordination. Count me in!

7 years 3 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
DCS: Viggen #6447
Later today? Count me in at 6 pm CST or later.

Nice pictures, as always, Nick. That SEAD loadout one actually explains why I had so much roll trimming to do. Had no idea one pod was so much bigger than the other. Didn't get a chance to do a full external view inspection and at first glance they seemed about the same but when I got in the air it was like constantly rolling right or sideslipping or something, it just felt weird.

Also I can confirm after re-reading the manual re: the jamming pod that I did not set it up to actually work. If you're carrying the U22/A or whatever the newer one is called you need it set to B or above. I did A/K because I briefly read that was the highest "sensitivity level" or something but it's actually only for the ELINT functionality.

7 years 3 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
DCS: Viggen #6449

For the Gold with extra Viggenz? Unfortunately I won't be around tonight. Was thinking next weekend, would give everyone some time to learn the Viggen before getting super serious in it.

Edit: Thread's up in the squadron section.

7 years 3 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
DCS: Viggen #6453
Wasn't thinking super serious, just a "let's meet up here at this time and V-riggen do this" kind of thing.

7 years 3 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
DCS: Viggen #6454

V-riggen do this. Hahahha

Yeah, doesn't have to be super serious at all, just loosely coordinated fun with my Viggas.

7 years 3 months ago
NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
Topic Author
DCS: Viggen #6456
I'm really viggenning (awful, I know haha) to believe this jet will be my new favourite. Seems everyone's really enjoying it and LN did a fantastic job.

7 years 3 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
DCS: Viggen #6459
Oh yeah. As good or better job than the Fishbed but with an aircraft I enjoy a hell of a lot more.

7 years 3 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
DCS: Viggen #6467

Okay, you've got my full, undivided attention. :)

I did not know they had modelled any ARMs into the DCS Viggen. As far as I knew there wasn't an IRL variant for the role. But then, I'm no Viggen expert.

I'm always on the lookout for what I can use to replace the Su-25T in SEAD and make the F-99th all NATO sub squadrons. Atm, the Outriders are the only flight based solely on a Block produced aircraft. Been "anxiously" awaiting the F-18, and hoping they'll remember the HARMs, lol!

7 years 3 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
DCS: Viggen #6468

Who needs ARMs for SEAD?

Eagle 1-1 in 280 with guns, Flap Lid! B)

7 years 3 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
DCS: Viggen #6470

No, there aren't any actual ARMs. Leatherneck's "SEAD" loadout is a pair of Mavericks with a complement of jamming and countermeasures pods. Haven't really gotten to see how well it works yet, but if it does reduce the SAM launch range even halfway well I would absolutely be taking this thing over a Froggie any day. Pop-up Maverick attacks are at least 78 billion times cooler than anything the Su-25T will let you do.

7 years 3 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
DCS: Viggen #6472

ROFL!

Oh, I know all about that. I've seen you do it. Lol! Several videos of mine around of knocking out Tunguskas and Osas with guns and rockets in the 25A, so I'm guilty, too.

I've also opened doors with credit cards, jacked up cars with a pole and a brick, stuck crowns back on with super glue, and used the wrong size spanner with the end of a screw driver taking up the slack to loosen the wrong size nut, among a whole host of other things done al improviso that don't come to mind off the bat, lol!

But, weren't we talking SOP for the F99th? Thought we were serious for a moment.

Carry on! :mrgreen:

(PS: Gawd, I needed a good laugh like that!)

7 years 3 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
DCS: Viggen #6484

I screwed up a bit launching the 2nd Maverick so I ended up getting a little closer than I'd like while futzing with the thing trying to lock a 2nd target, but I think this gives you the gist of Viggen SEAD.

RB-04 strike by Nick, Shadow, and Vader. Took part in one myself after they all got rearmed and it was awesome. RB-15s aren't quite as fun because they don't leave a nice smoke trail to marvel at while watching them race to their targets, but they're of course much more capable.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds