Fighting 99th Forum

NEVADA TEST AND TRAINING RANGE MAP FOR DCS WORLD 2

7 years 5 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
NEVADA TEST AND TRAINING RANGE MAP FOR DCS WORLD 2 #5715
Ok, so i tried many things, the problem was isolated to the C:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\ Directory somewhere. It wasn't in the scripts nor the data, nor the bazzar. I believe it may have been the BIN folder as it had several files of the wrong size and date compared to a working installation. I ran the installer to a new directory with a 2 after it to separate it from the corrupt installation. As expected, this runs. I did not delete the old installation so that we can move scripts and data over and perhaps learn the exact broken item, but for now, the server is up and running again in 2.0.

As a side note, I simply moved the actual Nevada terrain from the old install to the new one as there was no sense to waste that much hard drive space.

CTLD seemed to be working and I see good static objects that did not load properly on the corrupt install.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
NEVADA TEST AND TRAINING RANGE MAP FOR DCS WORLD 2 #5722
Thx for looking at that squid.

I went ahead and uninstalled it again, and moved it over to the other SSD I had recently installed into the server. So now each instance has it's own SSD drive.

I reinstalled SLMOD and all the missions and it looks like we are back!

The SLMOD admin list is empty. I was able to add Russ and Loki cuz they were online. Those of you with RDP access can login and give yourself SLMOD rights. Those of you with no RDP but had SLMOD will have to ask someone to re-add you to the slmod admin list.

7 years 5 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
NEVADA TEST AND TRAINING RANGE MAP FOR DCS WORLD 2 #5724
Great job, Squid and Tracer! Just gave it a quick try, and it is working a treat.

Got to go now!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds