Avengers vs Strelas

6 years 9 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
Avengers vs Strelas #8362
<span style="font-family: Arial Black;">Just to make this crystal clear, I don't mean to start an AVENGERS ARE OP NERF PLZ thread. </span>

Instead, I was just wondering if it was possible to give Red something similar in terms of IR-SAMs. The only thing Red has are the Igla Manpads which simply lack ammo capacity (I think they have 3 shots in total?) and the SA-9s which, frankly, don't work well as a deterrent due to their rear aspect seeking nature and vulnerability to flares (I remember seeing people trash one with ONE SINGLE flare). What if we replaced them with the SA-13 or Osas instead? I initially thought of the SA-15 but they shoot down weapons too, that would tip the balance over the other way :lol: It is simply the sheer amount of missiles and the mobility of the Avengers, as well as their IR nature (you just don't notice them unless you keep your head locked on the ground) which makes it somewhat unbalanced in terms of air defense.

Another thought would be to replace the Kub with the Buk, but I have no idea how much more capable that system is. We spoke about this last night in TS so I thought I'd bring up a thread. It also wouldn't really make a difference since you can still just grab a few Kilters or Keglers and throw em on their way towards these shiny radar antennae. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Avengers vs Strelas #8363
No one ever used the avengers, until I took out the anti air troops. Now they spam them. Hehe.

Can make them cost more to slow down deployments.

Can remove them. Hawks and kubs only?

Thoughts?

6 years 9 months ago
Fencer
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
Avengers vs Strelas #8365
I don't think they're THAT nasty, I just think if Blue gets something in the IR-SHORAD category that murders much, so should RED :)
Wouldn't hurt to limit their numbers though :D

6 years 9 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Avengers vs Strelas #8374
They're perfectly decoyable like any other IR SAM, but they're just too easy to spam. One crate = one avenger is kinda nuts. Need to set a higher crate requirement. Whatever that may be, it should match the number for Red's equivalent IR SAM.

And Fencer is 100% correct about the SA-9s, they're like one or two generations outclassed by the Stingers on the Avengers. SA-13 would be much more appropriate.

6 years 9 months ago
shadow
More
Avengers vs Strelas #8375
if you still want a mediocre IR only blue, you can replace them with chaparrals. They have longer range but have a long reaction time and limited ammo

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds