7 years 3 months ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
2.5 Server Doctrine #5962
To our server and mission crew:
Good evening, What do envision our server running when 2.5 releases. Will we keep a rotation of missions (if possible) of both Nevada and Caucuses maps running? I ask because I miss the ship aspect and water aspect of the caucuses map. I don't know if they will allow a server to simply load a new whole terrain on the fly or if we'll have to stop the server and bring it back up to switch modes. I do hope the terrains inter-operate. If we still have to handle a rotation using triggers, than perhaps we can broadcast warnings that state the server runs Nevada missions from time to time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
2.5 Server Doctrine #5963
Since DCS is completely undependable during a mission reload.. I'm not sure any mission rotation defined would even matter / work. It will likely crash before it loads a new mission. Couple that with the fact that DCS does not release the memory it was using for prior mission. Even if you go back to the main menu. i.e. If that instance had climbed to 12GB of ram usage - it would not reset with the loading of a new mission. It would just continue to climb until it eventually crashed. The server has 32 gb, but it crashes way before it even gets close to using that.

Perhaps when we have a true server feature we can script something. But depending on anything IN the active mission to load the next mission is going to fail more than it works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds