The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #7994

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago
runny
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #7996
I dropped by to use the bathroom.

6 years 9 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #7997
rofl..

Runny, I don't want you to be alarmed but you're very likely going to receive a ban in the next few hours on the ED forums.

But I burst out laughing by the time I got through the /sarcastic part. Excellent post. I even screenshotted it so we can save and look back fondly on it after the mods delete it:

Attachments:

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #7998
Lol.. Well at least we are not alone!

6 years 9 months ago
runny
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8001
Wouldn't be the first time I was banned. They could set up a quarry with the amount of salt I bring there.

Their forum moderation reflects how the build the game: they just delete any posts that say anything negative instead of fixing the problem that caused a negative perception to begin with. Even if you do all the testing and bring the facts in a polite and helpful manner they just have 0 interest in making improvements or fixes.

Same stuff in-game. Cover it up but never fix it. They can have all the help in the world but they're simply not interested in doing anything other than selling modules. In their view, the core game is completely finished and all that's left is to keep adding content. Anyone who says otherwise can be smacked with a ban hammer.

6 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8003

Wouldn't be the first time someone was banished, tried, hung drawn and quartered or otherwise executed for stating the truth, predicated on an ad-hoc definition of "truth" as the perception of facts. It is appalling behavior on ED's part, if that's what they do. I'll raise hell and probably get myself banned, too, if they dare ban you for that justifiably assertive post, LOL!

Last night I had one of our friends from the 16th AGR on TS asking me what was wrong with the Normandy server, and why he couldn't get in. I in turn, bugged Tracer on chat, who, on his part, threw a veritable fit when he again discovered the recurrent problem. Sorry for ruining the early part of your evening by relaying that information, Tracer! :D

Edit: Such a difference on P3D/ASN16 the other day. Upon closing down the sim I got routed to a voluntary survey inviting me to express my level of satisfaction and what they could do to improve.

6 years 9 months ago
runny
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8009
It's worth noting that I don't think my post in this instance is all hunky dory. It's clearly rude and begs moderation. I wasn't trying to justify it, its just that I don't care for the reasons above.
If you can't say anything negative, then when you do you might as well go in with both barrels.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8011
Your request is accepted / Ваше обращение принято
Русская версия данного сообщения находится внизу.

Your request has been accepted with unique number 63939.

Subject: Connection Timeout s: Normandy Map only

Please do not reply to this message. This is only a generated confirmation, showing that techsupport has received your request and is working on it.

To view or edit your ticket proceed to: www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/63939/

6 years 9 months ago
runny
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8013
Your request was accepted? Did you make a request (besides for help) or is this one of those things that didn't translate well from Russian?

That link doesn't work unless we're logged into your account.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8014
Yeah, I filled out a support request. That Monnie guy who commented on the ED thread suggested I do that. Positive step forward. I'll take it.

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8015
Anyone that is able.. please attempt to login to our Normandy Server..

Assuming it fails on you, upload your DCS.LOG file to this thread:
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3164628#post3164628

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8058
In case anyone hasn't kept up with the ED thread (like runny cuz he got banned :) ) = the problem ended up being weather related. As in don't use it. Leave it at default weather settings. Problem went away after I set weather back to default.

6 years 9 months ago
Cygon_Parrot
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8061
Well found, Tracer.

It is a ridiculous reason, indeed, but that's programming, huh! The best thing about this; it shows it is their cock up that they need to fix, and no onus on your missions or system. Well said about putting the ball in their court; you've done more than enough getting to the bottom of their bug.

Congrats, man!

6 years 9 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8065
Lol, thanks! It was all I could do to not be a snarky asshole. I mean, should I code the fix for them to? If the map marker issue is any indication of their enthusiasm to fix broken stuff I have little hope that any more of my time invested into narrowing down weather related connection bugs would be put to good use.

Just Glad we have a working server! I was pretty disappointed with the whole thing thinking I wasted all that time and money.

6 years 8 months ago
runny
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8367
Just cuz I got banned doesn't mean I can't read what's there. I think it might be expired now anyway. I'm just here to grab the link and check the progress.

6 years 8 months ago
runny
More
Please spam this ED post - normandy disconnect errors. #8369
Nope, still banned. Too bad because I had something snide, sarcastic, and true to say.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds