The Fighting 99th Air Wing

AIR : LAND : SEA : FIGHT!

Fighting 99th Forum

WIP Arma mission. Interest in multi-session ops?

7 years 2 months ago
runny
More
Topic Author
WIP Arma mission. Interest in multi-session ops? #6529
I started work on a new mission. The main feature will be the ability to save the player and server state allowing the mission to persist through server restarts ect.. This means I can build a huge mission covering an entire map.

There will be many other features as well:
-OPFOR and BLUFOR AI commanders who use their armies to actively fight over the island and strategic locations.
-Tasks based on the actual strategic situation (not random)
-Very powerful tools for player commander (tasks, supplies, admin tools, ect)
-Base building
-Supply and logistics
-IEDs (if applicable)
-Civilian interaction
And a whole lot more. It's not just bad guys on a map.

I think it would pretty much be the Arma dream to run such a mission and have a day ones a week or so where we all load in and chip away at it. Maybe one main day where everyone (who wants to) gets online, and one or two other days where people can jump in and do recon, build FOBs, and other stuff depending on how many people show up.

Before I really get going on building this mission I'd like to know how many people are interested. Also, what kind of mission do you want? Want to fight ISIS on talisman? Russia on Chernarus?

Personally I'm leaning towards more of a classical "war". Fighting under-equipped insurgents feels too easy and stale.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago
G-Man
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
WIP Arma mission. Interest in multi-session ops? #6530
Sounds like a lot of fun. Shoot me a message anytime you bring up the mission. If im not training with Nick ill hop on for sure.

I myself enjoy fights against a foe of equal strength. Fighting the Russians in the desert of Takistan is always fun IMO.

7 years 2 months ago
pb_magnet
More
WIP Arma mission. Interest in multi-session ops? #6534
For sure, I'd be in.

It would be nice to play ArmA instead of working on fixing it 8-P

7 years 2 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
WIP Arma mission. Interest in multi-session ops? #6535
I'm up...Well, more like down...

Hehe

7 years 2 months ago
runny
More
Topic Author
WIP Arma mission. Interest in multi-session ops? #6538
The mission is ready to be play tested. I had 2 people play for a couple hours last night with no major errors and we didn't find anything that was broken.

The instructions to DL the mods are in the Arma info thread. Don't use the autoconfig in the example though, use the one posted by me later on. (The www.f99th.com one)

7 years 2 months ago
runny
More
Topic Author
WIP Arma mission. Interest in multi-session ops? #6553
Looks like this mission is ready to go. I'll post more about it later but those of you who know how already can get the mods from the repo.
Anyone who had the mods from before will have very very little to DL. 160 MB I think.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds