Fighting 99th Forum

ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD

7 years 11 months ago
Mataman
Administrator
Administrator
More
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4052
Tracer and Pyro make very good point on the server going public. And yeah, that someone has to DL all those mods is a good filter for the random player that come by. Back in the early days when Runny and I were managing the server , keeping it public was an automatic yes. Only on mission night would it go private with a notice that it was temp. Its what made us a name for us in the DCS community. Gonna brag here now. ' We are cool bunch of dudes ;)' and we can prob get more players by going Pub. That's my .02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4054
Chatted with Tracer about it earlier, that's pretty much the conclusion we came to...If you're that devoted to it, we want ya in!

I've been dealing with Blue Flag BS lately so my opinion of the PvP DCS community kinda dropped a bit...Sorry bout that.

7 years 11 months ago
pb_magnet
More
Topic Author
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4055
Issue #1: public server

I'm okay with opening up the server to the public, but I'm not sure if my paltry 30Mb upstream bandwidth can handle any more than 8 people at a time... plus the machine already grunts under the load of the few players we have. I may be able to convince my wife that I need the upgrade to 1GB down/100MB up when it's available here.

If we need more capacity, I think a dedicated server is going to be required... that's $50-100/mo assuming I can use my existing Windows Server license. Most hosting plans I've found want an additional $25-ish/mo for the Windows license. The Linux server attempt was a dismal failure because the mods aren't coded properly for cross-platform... they mostly work by accident.

My absolute must-have for making the server public is effective policing of player behaviour. Trolls and team killers need auto-kick/ban. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Issue #2: PvP

I'm not interested in playing ArmA PvP. If my ArmA experience degrades to spawn-blip-dead-rinse-repeat, I'm going to lose interest pretty quickly. I'm probably the world's worst FPS player, but I think I'm enjoying ArmA because it's coop.

7 years 11 months ago
TracerFacer
Administrator
Administrator
More
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4056
I have some free azure space that I'm not using. Does it have to be 'real' hardware. Will it run in a VM?

7 years 11 months ago
pb_magnet
More
Topic Author
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4057
Kocrachon told me he tried running an ArmA server in VMware ESX, and it didn't perform well. If you want to try it on Azure, the game footprint is 40GB disk space (not including the OS), and 12GB RAM should be enough.

7 years 10 months ago
pb_magnet
More
Topic Author
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4098
Minor update... I have removed the CAF (Canadian Armed Forces, not CAF Aggressors). The CAF stuff was spewing errors all over the place. 8-/

7 years 10 months ago
pb_magnet
More
Topic Author
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4109
With the CAF pack out, I haven't had any of those "suddenly I'm laying down on the ground" moments in ArmA. Has anyone else been on and noticed the same thing? I used to wind up prone whenever I was running around the base and stopped near something.

I hate to suggest this, but maybe Sweeper was right?

7 years 10 months ago
Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4112
Hah!

To be fair, somebody else said it first... :P

7 years 10 months ago
pb_magnet
More
Topic Author
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4149
Time to re-sync the repository!
  • * updated Massi "Nato Russian Weapons"
  • * updated Massi "Nato Russian Vehicles"
  • * removed "@nato_rus_sf_weapons", this was a duplicate, sorry :oops:
  • * removed "ASDG Joint Rails", this is included in CBA (Community Base Addons) since 2.0

7 years 10 months ago
pb_magnet
More
Topic Author
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4150
Another massive repo update coming... as prophesied by Pyro, the Arma 3 update 1.60 broke a few things. Our Chernarus mission is currently unplayable. I will post an update when we have it all sorted out.

7 years 10 months ago
Mataman
Administrator
Administrator
More
ArmA 3 Mods discusion OLD #4151
quick fyi,
We are starting a new Arma MODS sticky post to keep for just for informational and current status updates.
MODS discussions can continue here

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds