X52 Pro

7 years 2 days ago
Cooper
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
X52 Pro #7226
Anyone have an X52 pro? My targeting cursor will not move up, I think i wore the button out. Its joy button #24 on a 4 way, the right, left and down work fine. I tried blowing it out with compressed air but still no luck. It only works intermittently. Should I try taking it apart? Anyone have a button stop working on the X52 pro? Anyone have an old X52 pro laying around they are willing to sell? I only need the throttle if that helps, any ideas would be helpful
My trim button joy #19 is doing the same thing, but I don't use it much so I can use voice activation, but I'd like to fix that also

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 day ago
Jsick7x
More
X52 Pro #7238
I'm using my X52 pro, and I never got the lights on the throttle to light up, (even though they light up on windows 10). And I only have two keys mapped on my sticks, the throttle and trigger !

7 years 1 day ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
X52 Pro #7258
Looks like you'll have to test the button in the X52 Pro properties....if it doesn't light up when pressed I think it might be kaput (at least that button). Also try all the normal trouble shooting paths...restart, un-plug controller - plug back in, etc. I use my #24 for chaff I think so it gets used regularly - I hope it doesn't wear out easily.

7 years 22 hours ago
Zulu
More
X52 Pro #7259
Taking it apart and putting it back together is easy...(taking pictures as you go along is helpful way to remember assembly too).

I've read where dirt accumulates in and on the switches, so an electronic connection spray wouldn't hurt, and then you should consider a nylon lubricant where appropriate, (like the throttle), as long as you have it opened up. And as usual, make sure you don't have conflcting controls assignments in the Saitek software AND the DCS control assignments counterpart.

Good luck!

7 years 21 hours ago
Squid
Administrator
Administrator
More
X52 Pro #7260

Last time I had a lighting problem, a driver was to blame. It also doesn't remember settings if you switch USB ports (the saitek software) sees it as a new device.

7 years 12 hours ago
Cooper
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
X52 Pro #7264

Yes that's what I was thinking, dirt and dust are interfering with the connection. I think I will try to open it up tomorrow. Because it's intermittent I think it must be dust and not any conflicts. I found a used one I can get for 90$ if it all goes south. I tried assigning it to the thumb slider but it's too hard to control.

6 years 11 months ago
Cooper
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
X52 Pro #7290
No luck on fixing it. I ordered one from eBay. It said " like new, only used 4 times".........We shall see. I hope it's not 100$ down the toilet.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds