DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff...

6 years 10 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff... #7605
Others may be aware of this, but I've only just discovered it...

If someone sends you their .trk file from their DCS saved games, and you drop that .trk into your saved games for appropriate version (1.5 / 2.0) you can watch their track. To include their FPV and Track IR movement.

SOOOOO... If anyone has some super epic holy Mary mother of GOD moment. Send me your track and I'll do some editing.

-that is all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff... #7607
I had a fairly near-pants-defiling moment dodging an Igla when I overflew their pickup zone accidentally, but in the past when I've tried to look at my track files they tend to end up corrupted and show me making a left turn on takeoff that never happened where I roll in to the dirt, flip over, and die. But I'll see if yesterday's came out alright.

I recorded the whole thing on Shadowplay so I'll be putting together some video footage as well, I wonder if there's an effective/efficient way to combine our video editing efforts because I've done a couple of them by now and know what a massive pain in the ass it really is.

6 years 10 months ago
Tricker
More
DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff... #7609
I'm doing a trip today but I'll need your help setting up the sound software you told me to get so I can get all the teams peak comms as well

6 years 10 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff... #7610
Tricker: No problem bud!

Pyro: Yea I've had a lot of tracks get pretty FUBAR, but if it is a good one it's a cool little workaround for sharing footage. I'm also very much onboard with sharing actual footage for edits, I just don't have any clue how we would do that. I often hear people talk about drop box, but I don't have one. If you have any recommendations I'm all ears!

6 years 10 months ago
pyromaniac4002
More
DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff... #7612
Dropbox is great until you hit that storage limit and need to shell out actual money. We've had a dropbox for a long time and were using it mostly for photoshop-related things and we ran out of space a while ago and haven't really been able to do much with it since. Davison originally wanted to do video editing and set up this direct connection file sharing thing where if you were signed up for it one folder on your computer would be synchronized with everyone else that was part of it, but it was kind of complicated and since became disused. Maybe Tracer or Kocrachon can give us some sagely IT advice, we have a lot of infrastructure at our disposal, we just need to set it up so we can effectively use it for this.

6 years 10 months ago
Moose
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Topic Author
DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff... #7620

Oh wow that would be amazing! Man, if we could figure something out that would be awesome! I really enjoy editing!

6 years 10 months ago
JINX
Elite Member
Elite Member
More
DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff... #7622
Count me in as well. I believe at one point we had set up a F99th youtuber page but I think it lost traction as well. Maybe worth updating the "Screenshots' sub-forum with a video/editing forum. Kinda like the mission building forum where those interested can have a landing pad/sounding board.

6 years 10 months ago
kugar51
More
DCS Fun Fact - Video Stuff... #7653
I have some good stuff , from the a-10 and 15 I believe i will have to look thru it .

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds