United States of America

Photo Thread

Post by Vampyre » 10 Mar 2016, 09:48

2011 Cruise on the USS Ronald Reagan.

Pushback!

One of mine over the round down

HH-60H of HS-4 "Black Knights" over the fantail

USS Chancellorsville, CG-62, Tico class AEGIS Cruiser

USS Preble, DDG-88, Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer at anchor off Phuket Thailand.

CVN-76 and CG-62 at anchor off Phuket Thailand. DDG-88 is hidden by the peninsula.

VFA-154 "Black Knights" Otis 100 F/A-18F while we were in Apra Harbor, Guam

DIMON 300 F/A-18C. My squadrons CAG jet... we called her Paris because she only wanted to fly when there were cameras around.

JASON 200 of VFA-147 "Argonauts" F/A-18E

VAW-113 "Black Eagles" E-2C HE2K

Vampyre
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Photo Thread

Post by Vampyre » 13 Mar 2016, 05:36

Davis-Monthan Air Show Mar 12, 2016

Had some issues with my camera so all I have is pics taken with my phone. :S
I will be going to the Luke Airshow on 2-3 April so I will definitely have my hardware in order next time... I missed some great flying shots of the AV-8B+, F-22A, MH-60G's, MC-130J's, Thunderbirds and A-10's. :(

Here is what I did get...

F-35A Lightening II otherwise known as the "Moneypit". Just for you Sweeper!

MH-60G Pave Hawk... complete with its march mustache.

My son scanning for targets. That's my boy!

CV-22B Osprey

B-1B Lancer "Star of Abilene II". Gotta love the Bone!

Sweeper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States of America

Photo Thread

Post by Sweeper » 13 Mar 2016, 15:15

Nice!

Cygon_Parrot
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ecuador

Photo Thread

Post by Cygon_Parrot » 02 Apr 2016, 04:21

As once before, nothing as exciting as Vampyre's shots (sorry, man, for cluttering your excellent thread with these!), and I've really got to work on getting a better camera than my iPad's for opportunity snaps. Just some working aircraft I happen to see...

On the 18 March, this American Airlines A-320 (the background one) had to do an emergency return to Reina Beatrix, Aruba, after losing its green hydraulic system shortly after departure. Landing gear extension had to be by the gravity alternate method. I also taped some of the radio chatter from the day...

Don't need to say anything about these that you don't all know already, save that the first is Colombian Army SAR, at El Dorado Intl, Bogota, and the second shot are Peruvian Army, at Jorge Chavez, Intl, Lima.

Also at Bogota, this one taken today. Tell me what you can about them, particularly the units, please!

Also at Bogota, the other day (Tracer will like this one, a version of it is a favorite of his on FSX). Not an N number registered aircraft, and it had "United States of America" written above the windows (can't see it here due to sun reflection and bad, uncontrollable iPad camera exposure), so I suspect it is either military or CIA, on some Plan Colombia assignment, perhaps (?).

Getting to be a rare bird in flying order these days, also at Bogota...

Three generations of transport aircraft (that's an airworthy Curtiss C-46, amazing!), Bogota...

And last, not a picture of an aircraft, but from an aircraft of the old racetrack, the short and long track, at Yahuarcocha, Ecuador, where 32 years ago I started my lifelong affair with high speed...

Hope you like them, and again, sorry they are not up to Vampyre's standards. :)

Vampyre
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Photo Thread

Post by Vampyre » 02 Apr 2016, 07:50

Cygon_Parrot wrote:As once before, nothing as exciting as Vampyre's shots (sorry, man, for cluttering your excellent thread with these!), and I've really got to work on getting a better camera than my iPad's for opportunity snaps. Just some working aircraft I happen to see...

Also at Bogota, this one taken today. Tell me what you can about them, particularly the units, please!

Also at Bogota, the other day (Tracer will like this one, a version of it is a favorite of his on FSX). Not an N number registered aircraft, and it had "United States of America" written above the windows (can't see it here due to sun reflection and bad, uncontrollable iPad camera exposure), so I suspect it is either military or CIA, on some Plan Colombia assignment, perhaps (?).

Hope you like them, and again, sorry they are not up to Vampyre's standards. :)
The C-17 is from the 437th AW out of Charleston South Carolina... not sure exactly what squadron though.

The C-130J-30 Hercules 07-4610 is from the 41st AS, 19th AW Little Rock AFB Arkansas.

The one Tracer has a love affair with is 86-0084, originally built as a C-12F Huron, then upgraded to C-12T before further upgrade to it's present form as a C-12U. In 2012 it was being flown by the Virginia ARNG as an OSACOM support aircraft which, I assume, it is still being used for. So, yes, it's a military transport aircraft.

I wouldn't worry too much about being up to my standards... a lot of my pictures are not up to snuff and I end up deleting them. Tomorrow I will take a thousand photos at the Luke AFB open house and I will probably only keep maybe 200 to 250 of them. That is how I get good looking photos... sheer volume. Post what you have, that's what this thread is for. :)

Cygon_Parrot
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ecuador

Photo Thread

Post by Cygon_Parrot » 02 Apr 2016, 16:33

Thanks Vampyre, that satisfied exactly the sort of curiosity I had! LOL! I knew I could count on you. :)

Vampyre
Colonel
Colonel
United States of America

Photo Thread

Post by Vampyre » 03 Apr 2016, 12:59

OK from today's outing to Luke AFB

Draken International A-4K Skyhawk

CT-155 Hawk of 2 Flying Training School, 15 Wing, Moose Jaw Saskatchewan.

B-1B Lancer "Dakota Demolition" from the 28th BW EllsworthAFB South Dakota

Luke F-16C's and F-16D's

Luke F-35A Lightening II

USAF Lightening Heritage Flight. Steve Hinton was flying the P-38 Lightening.

B-17G Flying Fortress "Sentimental Journey" of the Arizona Wing of the Commemorative Air Force

Tora Tora Tora display aircraft

T-33A Shooting Star

F-15C from Klamath Falls Oregon

QF-4E Phantom II

NickJZX100
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Canada

Photo Thread

Post by NickJZX100 » 03 Apr 2016, 15:32

Cool to see our trainers made the flight down!

Cygon_Parrot
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ecuador

Photo Thread

Post by Cygon_Parrot » 03 Apr 2016, 19:42

Great pictures, again. Love the shots of the Lightnings!

Pity they couldn't have had a BAC Lightning, too, seeing as they managed to get a Hawk there. When I was at Wattisham, around about 1992 or so, I remember an airworthy example visiting for the anniversary of either 56 or 74 Squadron (can't remember which now, sorry). It unfortunately overran the end of the runway by a small margin, IIRC, with no significant damage. I didn't see the event itself, but it was able to taxi under its own "steam" afterwards and went past the hangar where I was working on a ASK-13 glider, with its screeching, deafening Avons going. Wonderful!

Alphaskoom
Major
Major
United States of America

Photo Thread

Post by Alphaskoom » 04 Apr 2016, 00:58

I SEE CENTER TANK ON THAT F-15!!!!! bad fuel economy!