The Fighting 99th Dedicated DCS Server
Server Information and Rules
The Fighting 99th DCS Server uses the latest version of DCS: World. This is a free product that comes with 2 free airplanes which are used extensively in our missions. The server is currently set for 32 players and is on a 75mps UP/DOWN internet connection located in the North Dallas, TX area. It is an i7 4790k CPU on a Z97 Sabertooth MB with 32GB of RAM running a single 250GB SSD. This is a dedicated machine hosting no other services.
The Fighting 99th DCS WWII Server is also a dedicated server running an i7 6700 CPU w/ 16GB of RAM on a Single 250GB SSD. This server will run the normandy map almost exclusively.
The server may be running multiple instances during NTTR Alpha/Beta Phase. Once these are released, we will revert to a single instance only.
- NO NUKES unless specifically allowed in the mission breifing. Violating this rule will likely get you banned outright.
- No Cheating. This includes loadouts that are not possible with a stock DCS installation but can also consitute any modification or exploit which is not in keeping with the spirit of fair competition.
- No Taxiway takeoffs.
- Watch for traffic on the runway and taxiways. If you have opposing traffic on the same runway/taxiway, keep to the right side to deconflict.
- No teamkilling (admins may kick/ban at their discretion, SLMOD will kick/ban repeat offenders automatically).
- Watch your language. Excessive swearing and hostility will not be tolerated.
- Coordinate your ATC whenever possible to deconflict and avoid a collision. Teamspeak is recommended, in-game chat is a bare minimum.
- Do not use TacCom to send vehicles to opposing forces spawns.
These are typical settings not set in stone and is often up to the mission designer.
External Views - Allowed
F10 Map - Allies Only
These settings should be the same in all our missions.
No F5 or Padlock Views
Mini Hud Off
Simulation Settings where applicable. NO GAME MODES.
This list isn't exhaustive. Any admin for any reason can ask you to stop whatever it is your doing. Failure to comply will get you kicked. Repeated issues with the same player will get you banned. You don't know who the admins are. Anyone with an F99th tag could be an admin. Be professional and mature to all pilots on the server.
We provide a TeamSpeak server for the public to use while flying on our server. We highly recommend that all players, both recruit and veteran alike join us in TeamSpeak. Even if you don't have a mic, you can gain a lot by just being able to listen. You will get the most out of our missions and your flight times by being on TeamSpeak.